Pediatric Dentistry at Your Moses Lake Dentist
Pediatric dentistry is becoming popular, and it is easy to see why. Some say it is due to people's recent inclination to dental health, and others say it is because children are becoming more prone to dental problems. No matter the situation, it is a fact that pediatric dentistry is a crucial part of a child's overall health. Therefore, every family needs to prioritize professional dental procedures for their children.
For families in Moses Lake, Washington, Lakeside Dental offers a comprehensive range of dental services for children and teenagers, ensuring they receive high-quality oral healthcare in a comforting environment. Do you still need to figure out the benefits of pediatric dentistry? This article will look closely at pediatric dentistry and its benefits to children to achieve optimal oral health.
What is Preventive Care?
Preventive care involves careful steps in the right direction to prevent dental problems before they occur. Rather than treating problems after they arise, preventive care focuses on preventing them from developing in the first place. The preventative care approach is especially vital for children in their dental development stages because they are more susceptible to dental problems.
It is critical to start dental preventive care, which is not far fetching - preventive care wades off other dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay. This is why we highly recommend that children start regular dental checkups as soon as their first teeth emerge, usually around six months of age. Healthy dental habits can set the foundation for good oral health later in life. It can also help build a positive attitude towards dentists and dental care, making it less likely that a child will develop anxiety or fear around dental visits.
It is why your Moses Lake dentist offers professional, top-notch preventive care services to ensure children attain optimal oral health. Our dental professionals further educate parents and children on proper dental care and preventive measures. They offer routine checkups and cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and mouthguards for protection during sports activities. In addition, they prioritize teaching children and parents about proper oral hygiene practices like brushing and flossing. These habits can prevent dental issues from occurring in the future.
In conclusion, preventive care is essential to maintaining optimal oral health, and we take it seriously. Preventive health care involves taking proactive steps to prevent dental problems from occurring, starting from an early age. Your dentist in Moses Lake recognizes the importance of preventive care and offers services to help children attain optimal oral health and establish positive attitudes towards dental care.
Restorative dentistry is another type of dental care that focuses on repairing or restoring damaged or missing teeth. It involves a range of treatments designed to restore a tooth's function, structure, and aesthetics, often preventing further damage or decay. It is vital to seek timely restorative care to avoid more severe dental complications and to maintain optimal oral health.
Types of Restorative Treatments
1. Dental Fillings: At Lakeside Dental, we use dental fillings to restore damaged teeth. During the procedure, the dentist will carefully remove the tooth's damaged portion and replace it with a special material that matches the natural tooth color.
2. Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are another restorative treatment for extensive repair of damaged teeth or crowns. During a dental crown repair, the dentist makes a custom crown to fit the tooth and/or hide the damaged crown. Custom-made teeth are used to repair more extensively damaged teeth, restore their natural appearance and function of the tooth, and provide a long-lasting solution.
3. Dental Bridges: Dental bridges replace missing teeth by anchoring a bridge to the remaining natural teeth on either side of the gap. A dental bridge is a structure that includes one or more teeth that are artificial designed to fill a gap in the mouth. In addition, they can restore proper bite alignment and improve overall oral health.
4. Dental Implants: Dental implants are an advanced solution for replacing missing teeth. A dental procedure involves the surgical placement of a tiny titanium post in the jawbone. This serves as the base for an artificial tooth or teeth. Dental implants can restore full bite function and prevent bone loss in the jaw.
5. Root Canal Treatment: If a tooth is severely damaged or infected, undergoing a root canal treatment can help save it. The dentist will remove the infected pulp from the tooth, clean and fill the root canal, and then place a crown on the tooth to restore its strength and function during the treatment.
Furthermore, effective restorative care is vital for preserving one's oral health at its best. Neglecting dental concerns can result in more severe complications, including infections, abscesses, or tooth loss. These untreated problems can lead to long-term, costly, and painful dental issues. Seeking timely care increases the likelihood of successful treatment and helps preserve natural teeth.
At Lakeside Dental in Moses Lake, our team of skilled dental professionals understands the importance of restorative care in maintaining optimal oral health. We offer comprehensive treatments to repair and restore damaged or missing teeth. Timely restorative care can prevent further deterioration, uphold oral health, and spare you from complex dental procedures in the future. Regardless of the specific issue, our team is dedicated to providing the necessary care with utmost comfort and minimal discomfort. By scheduling regular dental checkups and promptly seeking treatment, you can make a significant difference in securing a bright and healthy smile.
We are confident in our techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure children receive pain-free, comfortable, and efficient dental care. We employ many pediatric-specific dental services, including fluoride treatments, sealants, mouthguards for sports, non-toxic fillings for cavities, and emergency dental care. Despite your child's needs, Lakeside Dental's expert pediatric dental team ensures each child receives tailored care that promotes optimal oral health and establishes a healthy foundation for their overall lifelong wellness.